CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Anoniniminity

My prior blog prior to this was read by people that I didn’t know all of the time. There was an average of 50 comments for nearly every entry, no matter how mundane. When I decided to stop using it and start a new one I didn’t expect it to be read by people that I didn’t know. It’s not set to private or anything, so I knew that the possibility was there, but this site is not like the last one where there was a whole community chatting and such, blogging there was definitely a secondary function for most people on that site.

I was really (pleasantly) surprised to find comments from absolute strangers. The UK comments I could understand since I am linked to Subs blog on here (see Peepay Gonzales in the links below). But I was floored to see a comment from Jenny (see comments from previous entry). I went to her MamaDrama blog and absolutely cracked up at the picture of the scariest poodle in all creation. I showed hubby the picture (he HATES poodles) and he freaked out at the picture as well. I have always enjoyed the 6 degrees of separation game, and of course have always be astounded at the things that you randomly find on the internet, but to be able to link my brother cutting his thumb on a sword and the scariest picture of a poodle ever makes me so happy.

I have not seen his thumb since it was sewn back on but I got a progress report on it from my dad. He said it was still pretty horror show. The skin in the middle of the cut seems to be faring well, the stuff on the edges looks like it is dying. The Dr said that it would probably not survive since the cut was pretty close to the surface on the outer edge. And I am still kicking myself for not taking the camera, it would be so great to show you a before and after shot.

The Christmas cards are addressed. The main “card” which is really just our picture with a border that says Merry Christmas, is stuffed into the envelopes. But the Christmas letter is not ready. I have written it but I think that instead of sending the letter I am going to make a “year in pictures” collage instead. I have not decided which is worse/better, a letter describe my beautiful child or 100 little pictures crammed on 1 page. I am really leaning towards the pictures I just have to figure out if the program I am using to make it will be able to be printed at Kinkos, I don’t want to waste my ink!

My daughters “play date” was pretty funny yesterday. They are getting to the age where they want what the other person has, they are both on the verge of yelling “MINE”, at this point they just bumble over to each other and steal and then the other one pouts. Pretty amazing watching your child learn social graces.

1 comments:

Servant Dave said...

It's amazing how blogs can grow. You read someone's blog and enjoy it so you leave a comment, they in turn see your comment and come and check you out. I really think in the last 12 months the internet has changed and become more of a community thing. The popularity of blogs and community sites like youtube and myspace being just a couple of examples. Long may it last, me thinks!!