CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 14, 2010

Funny but not profound

I met someone at a bookstore today and just finished reading her blog, before sending her a message though I peeked at my blog (it was been a while!) to see if there was anything shameful before revealing my blog to her.

Her blog is amazing, deep, insightful and well written. Mine is funny, a bit vulgar, and choppy. I think I keep this blog more as a short handed reminder of events to myself than anything. My memory has gotten so bad that I am really glad that I have the blog! I debated all evening about whether or not to send her a message, and then it hit me... as Popeye put it I yam what I yam.

I need to grow, I am growing, and I need to be more open to growing. I avoid talking to people to such a degree that it is almost a phobia. I can't say it is really a side effect of not working, I was like this at work as well, I was just in a position that I was forced to communicate with others. Now that I am not forced to, I just don't. I have introverted to the point I don't even blog anymore.

Talking to my new aquaintance today was probably the first time I have talked to a "stranger" voluntarily in 2 years. YEARS!! Okay, that may be an exaggeration, I do have to speak when ordering food, and I talk to people at school when directly asked a question, I am not rude. But I have not sought out any friendship outside my tiny little island in a very long time. Sasquatch ruined it for me.

2 comments:

Hayley said...

Well, I'm glad that we were able to chat! I don't believe in accidents, so I know our meeting wasn't by chance! Your daughter is absolutely beautiful, and she was so sweet to my Em. I love your blog, and it did make me laugh! Sometimes I think mine is too serious! I'm glad we've made this connection.

Princess Pixybell said...

Hey flasher, these blog thingies are for fun too, hey if that wasn't the case jebus me and dad would be in trouble. Especially him he has a bear blog for fooksake and hes 50 this year!!! I find your little posts amusing, your quite a funny girlie, keep writing misses xx